My Five Favorite Things – Alice Falcone
1. We are surrounded by beaches whichever way you turn out here, and one of my favorite things to do is go to the Sound to collect SEA GLASS. It’s an opportunity to completely and totally turn off my mind for a little while and spend a few hours searching for tiny pieces of treasure.
2. As represented by the enormous wedge of Beemster cheese, FOOD is high up there among my favorite things. I find so much joy in sharing meals with friends, cooking with my family, and trying new food. And by new food, I mostly mean new cheese.
3. In the past few years, I’ve begun a small collection of PRESSED PENNIES. Ya know, the pennies you spend 50 cents destroying in a hand-cranked machine? I think it’s such a fun, inexpensive souvenir to remember my travels, so I look for penny press machines whenever I take a vacation.
4. Though you’ll see the print version here, I have an app that sends the NYT CROSSWORD PUZZLE right to my phone every day (like I’m actually going to be able to finish a puzzle in pen). I find it so relaxing after a busy day to sit down with a glass of wine and focus on completing a puzzle that takes all of my concentration. It doesn’t allow me to stress about my day or how bad my feet hurt. Full disclosure, I can only finish Monday-Wednesday, and sometimes Sunday!
5. My boyfriend got me a legit CHAMPAGNE SABER for my birthday this year, and I can’t get enough of it. I love the celebratory nature of sparkling wine so much, and to be able to open bottles for my friends and family with a sword on special occasions is another level!